T.C. Yeditepe University Faculty of Pharmacy Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic and Medical Device R&D Laboratory (YUFP- DCOMED) is a research laboratory established by Yeditepe University Rectorate in July 2017.
YUFP- DCOMED provides services in the field of preclinical research and studies in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and medical equipment industries. It uses the facilities of Yeditepe University Medical Faculty Experimental Medical Research Center (YUDETAM) for in-vivo tests and studies necessary for research and development of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and medical devices. While designing the organizational structure of YUFP- DCOMED, it was based on meeting the expectations of the supporters and increasing their satisfaction. This base was combined with the requirements of the processes and the organizational structure was determined. Management levels are structured horizontally in order to be able to react quickly and to be flexible in the field of activity. Horizontal structuring has enabled employees to prioritize their expertise and to use their powers, responsibilities and initiatives.
The organizational structure of YUFP- DCOMED consists of 9 (nine) authority lines.
Levels included in the structure are defined as;
• YU Chairman of the Board of Trustees
• YU Rector
• Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy
• Laboratory Manager
• Quality System Administrator
• Quality System Administrator Assistant
• Laboratory Executive
• Laboratory Executive Assistants
Laboratories within the body of YÜEF-İKTAL;
● Cell Culture Laboratory (TOXLAB)
● Toxicology Research and Application Laboratory (TOXLAB)
● Electrochemistry Laboratory (CHEMLAB)
● Multidisciplinary Analysis Laboratory I (CHEMLAB)
● Multidisciplinary Analysis Laboratory II (CHEMLAB)
● Microbiology Laboratory (MICLAB)
● Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy Ar- Ge Laboratory I (PHYTOLAB)
● Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy R&D Laboratory II (PHYTOLAB)
● Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy R&D Laboratory III (PHYTOLAB)
The analysis detailed below in the Toxicity Research and Application Laboratory under the Department of Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Yeditepe University Faculty of Pharmacy and evaluations are made in line with published national and/or international guidelines.
● Preclinical toxicity tests of new drug candidate molecules,
● Biocompatibility tests during medical device development,
● Efficacy and safety analyzes of cosmetic products,
● Toxicological risk assessment for chemicals, biocidal products, cosmetic products and other consumables,
● Pharmaceutical active ingredients PDE (Permissible Daily Exposure Evaluation) and OEL (Occupational Exposure Limit) assessment, which must be done in accordance with the European Union rule,
● Toxicological risk assessment and toxicological analysis for impurities in the drug active substance and the finished product,
● For chemical substances and natural substances, Free radical toxicity assessment and antioxidant activity measurements by in vitro and in vivo methods,
● Heavy metal and trace element analysis in all kinds of materials,
● Performance and requirements tests for medical devices